Close

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by logos22 View Post
    Yeah, 35W 6k. Do you mean the weather seal? If so, I had to pull the entire wiring harness through the weather seal. The rubber is pretty pliant so it's not too difficult. Everything else is pretty obvious. Just plug the things that look like they go together into each other and you should be good. One thing to note: the metal pins for my power cable had to be rearranged because they were set up wrong from the factory. I had my black wire on the bottom and my red wire to the left (I'm not sure which is positive or negative). Just don't be discouraged if they don't turn on the first time because you probably just have to move the pins around.
    what about the metal retainer clip? cuz the wires r in the way for the bulb to be held in the housing securely

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEP3 View Post
    >str8upballur
    >ballur
    >going for cheap ballasts

wat?
    no, sorry wat im trying to say is i have hids currently at 4300k w/just lo beams. i would like to buy 6000k hi/lo beams off of ddm. would i be able to use the ballast that i already have installed or would i need to buy a whole new hid kit bulb/ballast combo?

thanks.

Sorry to derail - when mounting the ballasts did you guys actually drill into the metal of your frame? Is there an easier way to mount these, I'm afraid if I drill my car will rust in that area?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomBoy View Post
    Sorry to derail - when mounting the ballasts did you guys actually drill into the metal of your frame? Is there an easier way to mount these, I'm afraid if I drill my car will rust in that area?
    you're right, it would probably rust if you drilled. i would just stick to double sided tape or ginormous zip ties.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomBoy View Post
    The sticky pads that DDM provides kinda suck. Both of my ballasts fell off after one drive. I just duct taped mine XP It's not the cleanest install, but they are tucked away under the fender anyway so no one will see. I just hope that the ballast doesn't get hot enough to melt the tape...that would be unfortunate. Also, I noticed that my left light is a little bit brighter than my right. For $57 I don't really care, but is there a quick way to fix this?

Gamma - I had no problem with my metal retainer clips. I just opened them up, pulled out the old bulb, put the new one in, then closed the clip. No wires were in the way. Idk if it's a different situation with CTR headlights.

Well, I don't believe it, but the duct tape actually failed. Both ballasts fell off again after the drive home. Where should I mount these things? I didn't buy the brackets and the sticky pads suck. I'm guessing the heat in the engine bay is weakening the adhesive of the tape. I've been poking around and see that a lot of people remove their bumper and mount it somewhere in there. Anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by logos22 View Post
    Well, I don't believe it, but the duct tape actually failed. Both ballasts fell off again after the drive home. Where should I mount these things? I didn't buy the brackets and the sticky pads suck. I'm guessing the heat in the engine bay is weakening the adhesive of the tape. I've been poking around and see that a lot of people remove their bumper and mount it somewhere in there. Anyone have any suggestions?
    I zip tided and hid passenger side ballast under the black plastic cover that runs vertically along the side (cover you need to remove in order to get to top bolt that holds left head light). As for driver side, I zip tide it right underneath the right of radiator support. Hope it's not too confusing.

I ordered some 6k H4s... Those fit the 2004-05 model right? 0_0

nope i think those fit the 02-03.. i believe 04-05 uses 9006?

Quote Originally Posted by smykhaisouk View Post
    nope i think those fit the 02-03.. i believe 04-05 uses 9006?
    Crap.. I just sent an email requesting that they change it to 9006. According to what you said and some other thread I just read.. I hope this works out since they have not sent anything because the H4s are on backorder. Thanks though :)
    Last edited by Pandamanda22; 02-16-2011 at 02:57 PM.

'04-05s use 9006, unless you're using projectors, they're H1 i believe

Yea.. It is the 9006 bulbs. Thanks guys and my HIDs should be getting here next week. Hoping I don't have problems with it.
    Last edited by Pandamanda22; 02-23-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Well here they are installed and all :D
    Raptor 35w 6ks

is it just me or did they stop offering the Raptor kits?..i wanted to see if i could purchase a H3c kit for my new fog lights
    PSN: theehuggybear

looks nice.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread Information