Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Exclamation Omg!!!!

SO GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TODAY!... I went ahead and did what my dad told me he used to do when he had engine motors seize up on him back in the day... WD-40 down the spark plug hole. IT WORKED! and the car move back and forth great now. AND!...

When I removed the Valve cover to check out the cams THE RUST CAME OFF! ... I havent started her up yet and I asked the local street mechanic (my neighbor) if this was normal and he said "yes... and when you start her up the engine will clean the rest itself..." I'm so happy and relieved... was about to take 1000-1500 grit sand paper and try to remove just the rust. NO NEED NOW!

Wow dude that does not look good!

Quote Originally Posted by civictype_r04 View Post
    Wow dude that does not look good!
    Yeah... it didn't but it was a false alarm... I guess the place that I got the engine from told me that they do not keep the engine's intake mani closed... The engine wasn't from a water damaged car... THANK GOD!... The place assured me that the engine is in great condition. CANT WAIT TO START HER UP NEXT WEEK! :-)
    Last edited by talonXracer; 12-28-2008 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sicivicguy View Post
    Yeah... it didn't but it was a false alarm... I guess the place that I got the engine from told me that they do not keep the engine's intake mani closed... The engine wasn't from a water damaged car... THANK GOD!... The place assured me that the engine is in great condition. CANT WAIT TO START HER UP NEXT WEEK! :-)
    Still think they should give you some money back for not tell you anything when ya bought it!

this motor just doesnt look right.... make sure to check the compression ASAP

Where did the rust go? Inside your engine. That's bad. Its just like if you have a tooth decay and you use some chemicals and the decay came off and you swallowed the decay. Now the decay is gone, but where did it go? Inside your body.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information