Close

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: EMUSA info

I'm thinking about picking this up. Anyone posted their k-pro calibrations? I tried searching the thread but nothing turned up.

ephatch member
    I am picking up a rebuilt emusa turbo with garrett internals on April 9th from a local for $80 and I already have a Tial wastegate. So when it comes time to order the kit, I am going to inquire about leaving both of those out or just the wastegate, that way i have a spare turbo to send off and get rebuilt or get the price of the kit dropped down $120-150. I know they only took $25 for one member that got it without the BOV.

Just remember, the downpipe that comes with the kit only works with the emusa turbo, you would have to get the flange cut off, rotated, and re-welded if you went with say a turbonetics or garrett turbo.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger View Post
    I am picking up a rebuilt emusa turbo with garrett internals on April 9th from a local for $80 and I already have a Tial wastegate. So when it comes time to order the kit, I am going to inquire about leaving both of those out or just the wastegate, that way i have a spare turbo to send off and get rebuilt or get the price of the kit dropped down $120-150. I know they only took $25 for one member that got it without the BOV.

Just remember, the downpipe that comes with the kit only works with the emusa turbo, you would have to get the flange cut off, rotated, and re-welded if you went with say a turbonetics or garrett turbo.
    Good info. Thanks for posting this up. If I jump on this, I have my old Holset HX35 with a 3" downpipe that'll just need to be cut and rotated from my old SVO. Hopefully it'll work with just the rotation and work with the extra 3" exhaust parts I have sitting around.

[/QUOTE]Just remember, the downpipe that comes with the kit only works with the emusa turbo, you would have to get the flange cut off, rotated, and re-welded if you went with say a turbonetics or garrett turbo.[/QUOTE]

If you go with a turbo other than the emusa turbo you will need a totally new flange, the 5 bolt pattern only lines up with the emusa turbo. I tried it with my turbonetics (garrett 5 bolt) and the bolt holes were way off.

Well guys, i bought this kit and its currently being held up at customs right now, what I'm wondering is if im missing anything.
    I currently have
    - modded injectors to 520cc
    - 3" exhaust piping along with vibrant flat black muffler
    - boost gauge
    - vacuum block
    - K-Pro

I'm currently just waiting on the kit to come to my door, so pretty much , would i be needing anything else?

3" 3 bolt flange if you want it to bolt up to another exhaust. the dp comes with a 2 bolt. and its too long.
    just read the first post, there should be most, if not, everything you need.

ephatch member
    you will need a dumptube, I would upgrade the oil lines and weld or drill and tap for a 10an fitting on your oil pan, a hondata map sensor(if you want to go over 10psi), a walbro in-tank pump, and a boost controller. The dumptube is necessary, all the rest I mentioned is recommended especially if you are trying to reach 300hp.

forgot about the dump tube, either one from ebay will work.

ephatch member
    but the kit doesn't come with one right? therefore he would need to get one

I see, thanks alot akep and autiger
    now for the first post, it says m14x1.5 banjo bolt, thats for the return line right? something to make the return line similar to the greddy oil return line?

Quote Originally Posted by pino1 View Post
    I see, thanks alot akep and autiger
    now for the first post, it says m14x1.5 banjo bolt, thats for the return line right? something to make the return line similar to the greddy oil return line?
    yup, thats it. Its what I used to make the emusa return line into a copy of the greddy line.

This is my K20a3 tune with the EMUSA kit installed running 8 psi
    550cc injectors
    Attached Files Attached Files

yeah it has no dumptube. im tired but ill post japas kal on post 1 later. and i need dres permission to upload his too.

also updated post 1 earlier t reflect what you need to buy, vs what you should buy.

i would highly reccomend everything under what you should buy.

oh yeah japa, lmk how those oil lines were ran with the k24a2...i clocked my cartridge and now its a pita to reach one of the retun line bolts. leaky =[ if i clock it back the top line gets crushed

It's definately a pita to get to those lines, I had a hard time doing it lasttime with the motor in the car. Mine was super tight on the a3 so this time I got a fitting to 90 the oil line at the restrictor. When I had it on the a3 it took me a few times to clock the center perfectly so that the oil would drain but not pinch off the feedline. My motor is back out of the car so I could properly weld in the oil return bung. I am going to start working on getting it back in over the weekend and will let you know how it goes with the 90* fitting. I'm going to have the video camera going from empty engine bay to start up, just hopefully its not an 8 hour video lol

lol. well i gave in, and just now ordered a 90* from fast turbo. while the turbo is off this time i might clock it straight(er) again. and tighten that return line while its off. fml. are you loading the snail from the drivers side?

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information