Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
Work on that reading comprehension.

And, my post wasn't an attempt to discredit what you wrote. We're long past that, Sunshine.
Is that it? That's all you got? You jumped on each of my posts, pointing out items you felt were either completely mis-informed or beneath your level of God like brilliance... Only to be proven wrong and that was your response?

Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
Honda's very own publications reveal the whys and how of the 5w20 oil recommendation on the EP3's A3. You need to wrap your braincells around the fact that Honda only lowered the oil specs on the a3 to raise the MPG and lower emissions to help theri ENTIRE fleet MPG and emissions ratings to lower tarrifs and fines. The tariff/fine cost vrs warranty repairs for oil related issues are the core issues, it costs less to replace a few engines than pay millions in fines and tariffs.

Every Stealership within 200 miles of me stopped recommending the 5w20 swill due to the excessively high oil related warranty claims, when they stopped pushing the 5w20 swill, their claims dropped down to almost ZERO. !!!!

xw20 and 0w oils are the new Koolaid drinks for the "E" generation !!!
Why Honda did it is irrelevant. The company that makes the most and arguably best engines in the world is not going to sacrifice their reputation to reach emissions standards they already meet. Fact is, Honda still recommends 0w20 and 5w20 for their cars....which means dealers are using it.

You got a source for this 0 claim, no 5w20 recommendation? I bet if I call any of these dealerships in your area, they'll recommend exactly what Honda says should be put in their motors -- 5w20.

Source...

http://www.honda.ca/parts-accessorie...oil-and-fluids