Close

Megan catback alternate muffler options...

Hey guys,

I don't post much on here but i have a quick question. I have an 04 vbp with the hfp kit and i have the Megan catback drift style exhaust. I have had it on for about a year now and have decided i don't really like the way it looks with my hfp lip. It is angled out and there is a lot of extra space on one side making it look uneven. I was wondering if there were any other mufflers i could use that already have the pipe welded on with the flanges that i could swap it out with to make it look like it fit better. I know it is kind of picky but i really love my car. I appreciate any input.

i am sure a muffler shop could cut it out and position it how you want it and have it welded.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhatch03 View Post
    i am sure a muffler shop could cut it out and position it how you want it and have it welded.
    i would rather try and avoid cutting and welding, but thanks anyways for the quick response

Quote Originally Posted by fluff19raheem View Post
    i would rather try and avoid cutting and welding, but thanks anyways for the quick response
    i think without cutting and welding you'll have to do some cutting and re-shaping on your bumper to make it look right

I think what you're looking for is to replace the AXLE BACK portion of your exhaust...so you can pretty much browse flea-bay for a EP3 specific axle back or i'm sure there is a vendor that sells one.

If you wanna keep with the Megan theme exhaust, this is a decent one that isn't angled mad jdm.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MEGAN-AXLE-BACK-...item35ad940903

Or you can go on showstoppersusa.com and her the dual tip megan axle back. Looks oem and solves your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    I think what you're looking for is to replace the AXLE BACK portion of your exhaust...so you can pretty much browse flea-bay for a EP3 specific axle back or i'm sure there is a vendor that sells one.

If you wanna keep with the Megan theme exhaust, this is a decent one that isn't angled mad jdm.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MEGAN-AXLE-BACK-...item35ad940903
    Thats what i thought from the begining but it is made to fit with the oem piping and not the 2.25 inch piping which came with the cat back. At least thats what the guy I had emailed from megan sent me back.

If the flanges are the same, it will work. I doubt that it has a donut gasket flange like the oem piece. Call showstoppers

Quote Originally Posted by ep3jd View Post
    If the flanges are the same, it will work. I doubt that it has a donut gasket flange like the oem piece. Call showstoppers
    will do man. thanks for the help.

Thread Information