Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    haha well im 16 gonna be 17... so i dont exactly have a lot of money right now...buying the car pretty much broke me, so i just want something a little more fun to drive until im done w/ college, then i can buy a car i really want (sti or lotus elise, depending on job and location). so i think ill just keep it to bolt ons then a reflash. id like to gut it, but i dont think my parents would like that :rolleyes

honestly, i'd just drive it. do wheels and suspension, then call it a day.

i just got my EP 2 days ago, and as a former owner of a B16 EK, the K20 has more pep than i anticipated. it drives great, and feels much, much more rigid than my '97 ex did. while it is pretty anemic on the top end of the power band, it feels quicker because of the torque. although i bet it's slower than my old car. coming from a 450whp, RB25, GT30 240sx, i wasn't looking to go fast with the EP. like you, i was looking for something fun, reliable with decent fuel economy. this car is a blast to drive stock so far. i just plan on tossing on some cheap coils (raceland), camber kit, mud guards and driving it until i finish school.
    Last edited by lucky7; 05-03-2011 at 06:54 PM.

dad wont let me do coils. he says their too harsh for daily driving. he cant be convinced otherwise bcuz the suspension on his spec miata is wayy to stiff for daily use, and itll be too low for the speed bumps in my area.

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02ssmEP3 View Post
    dad wont let me do coils. he says their too harsh for daily driving. he cant be convinced otherwise bcuz the suspension on his spec miata is wayy to stiff for daily use, and itll be too low for the speed bumps in my area.
    yeah there's gotta be at least 100 people on here who daily their EP3 on coils and have no complaints. just because you have coilovers doesn't mean you HAVE to have a 2"+ drop or anything.

im on stock struts and tein s-tech's 30k+ miles on them and they dont sag or bounce on me, and personaly i love the ride, granted if i could i would buy coils in a heart beat jsut so i could adjust the height and go lower, but i still like it where its at.

as far as the intake if your stock an intake ur not ganna feel the hp gain well enough to know thats its there, if u do intake, exhaust, and headers (my next purchase in the near future i hope ;) ) ull feel the diffrence cuz its all at once. but im running a HKS high power b4 i installed the CAI so it deffntly sounds diffrent. if u got the cash for the exhaust, go Skunk2 mega power R, or HKS high power id say, but if not go CAI and cut the resonator out if u want some sound to ur ride lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andieldiablo View Post
    im on stock struts and tein s-tech's 30k+ miles on them and they dont sag or bounce on me, and personaly i love the ride, granted if i could i would buy coils in a heart beat jsut so i could adjust the height and go lower, but i still like it where its at.

as far as the intake if your stock an intake ur not ganna feel the hp gain well enough to know thats its there, if u do intake, exhaust, and headers (my next purchase in the near future i hope ;) ) ull feel the diffrence cuz its all at once. but im running a HKS high power b4 i installed the CAI so it deffntly sounds diffrent. if u got the cash for the exhaust, go Skunk2 mega power R, or HKS high power id say, but if not go CAI and cut the resonator out if u want some sound to ur ride lol
    Your HKS Sounds clean. What does my exhaust sound like ;) We gotta make a video soon! LoL my bad

Man, I never get any parts for my birthdays...I feel special this year cause my girlfriend grabbed me a euro plate and a CTR shift knob :P
    Last edited by Stubby; 02-23-2009 at 08:03 PM.

okay your 16 going to be 17, broke, going to college and your dad doesn't like you to lower the car...How is it differen't with going with bolt ons? I'm pretty sure your dad wouldn't want you to get a loud exhaust either...I would advise do a free airbox mod and a free tighten your throttle cable and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    Man, I never get any parts for my birthdays...I feel special this year cause my girlfriend grabbed me a euro plate and a CTR shift knob :P
    my girl gets me something for my car for bday's, xmas wht ever "spoon fed ep" as my friends call it lol but, she's into my hobby and likes the out come and rolling to meets from time to time :)

i agree with T_virus (Trojan virus????) if hes not down with lowering he wont be down with bolt on's cuz they do make the car go faster so to speak. my pop's was the same way, but my money my parts and he entaully saw that no tickets means im innocent of reckless ricer stuff...until proven guilty ;).
    '

strangely he is fine with bolt ons. he just doesnt want me to do suspension because it wont be able to go over speed bumps and itll scrape on things. i told him it doesnt have to be super low, but he tells me "the car rides high for a reason"...sometimes he pisses me off

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    strangely he is fine with bolt ons. he just doesnt want me to do suspension because it wont be able to go over speed bumps and itll scrape on things. i told him it doesnt have to be super low, but he tells me "the car rides high for a reason"...sometimes he pisses me off
    my dad's pulled this same horseshit on all the parts i wanted to get. i bought an Injen CAI and he freaked the f00k out and wouldn't let me put it on because he's 100% sure it's gonna suck water into the engine, even though there's at least 4 or 5 people running it on here with no problems at all. it's like, i know the risk of hydrolocking but i did my homework before i bought it haha.

and btw i'm on like a 1.5" drop and i don't scrape on anything, i'm pretty careful about gutters and what not though.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    my dad's pulled this same horseshit on all the parts i wanted to get. i bought an Injen CAI and he freaked the f00k out and wouldn't let me put it on because he's 100% sure it's gonna suck water into the engine, even though there's at least 4 or 5 people running it on here with no problems at all. it's like, i know the risk of hydrolocking but i did my homework before i bought it haha.

and btw i'm on like a 1.5" drop and i don't scrape on anything, i'm pretty careful about gutters and what not though.
    same im 1.5" drop but my MG lip will drag sometimes but not really

There's good reasons why your dad said that. But let me ask you this, are you buying all of your parts with your own money? Also 90% of college students are really broke so before you get all your parts, think ahead, is it worth it? Should you save your money for something else that will benefit you more than moding.

Apexi ws2 catback would fit the bill.

Ebay intake w/ an AEM filter. megan midpipe. save up for a obx or dc race header. you should be fine! not too loud, but you have the gains. If you are going to ever keep the ep for awhile. K-Pro all the way. Im stuck doing a k24a2 swap in the ep and now I have to fetch an addition grand for the ecu.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information