Close

Thread: injectors??

injectors??

im runnin a turbo set up already and the guy that tuned my car said that 1000cc injectors just shows its max and can be down tuned pretty much to whatever amount needed. does that sound right? I was originally told to go with 550cc but found a good deal on the 1000s thinkin they could be tuned to like a 550. but i have been runnin rich since then and have horrible gas milage, like worse than my 94 s10 with over 200k lol.

What injectors? ID1000's are the only ones I have seen that can precisely meter low amounts. If your mileage sucks then it really was not tuned correctly, unless you drive around popping the blowoff and wastegate doing ricer rev's and burnouts all over the place.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

they are rc's, i was thinking it was just a bad tune but it has been tuned twice and still not right. but honestly i do the occasional unnescessary bov lol but not much cause even during normal daily drving the mileage sucks. so it sounds like my injectors are pretty much useless?

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    What injectors? ID1000's are the only ones I have seen that can precisely meter low amounts. If your mileage sucks then it really was not tuned correctly, unless you drive around popping the blowoff and wastegate doing ricer rev's and burnouts all over the place.
    I agree. ID injectors are the way to go. They cost more, but so does anything that's really worth having, like a Ferrari

RC1000cc's? Are you running a resistor box? If not don't run them they need a box.

ya i do have a resistor box, and would it be worth to get the id1000's or just smaller injectors like 550? and do the id's need a resistor box?

No the ID's dont need a resistor box, I would go with the ID's or any of the EV14's out there. Although I had RC 550's last summer and they weren't hard to tune either and idle was like stock. I just didn't want a resisitor box with the rc 1000's so I went with the ID 1000cc

I have that ID1000's and they perform very well. I know my 1000's are not maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post

lol

Perhaps both?

Thread Information