Close

TURBO HELP oil on compressor wheel & coming out of BOV!

Hey guys looking for some info on what to do. I've been noticing a little bit of oil coming from my BOV lately, so I decided to take off the air intake piping and noticed that there was oil on the turbine as well. The car runs fine, no smoke on start up or when I get on it. I've looked online at other forums and some people say use catch cans, some say the seal is blown and need to be replaced, that an oil restrictor would fix the problem, and that the oil return line could be blocked. What I want ot know is what should I try first. Don't know if this helps but this is what I've got on it GReddy kit running 10lbs, GReddy intercooler, GReddy BOV, turbo timer, boost gauge reads fine and the A/F reads normal too. I guessing that the seal needs to be replaced... but GReddy is a nazi about selling rebuild kits for it. So if anyone knows where I can get one it'd be helpful.
    Last edited by teaseexb360; 05-29-2011 at 10:17 AM.

theres a link in the emusa thread to a rebuild site that does it fora reasonable price.

http://www.blaastperformance.com/index.php

yeah the seals are slowly going on you. yuo can just get a replacement turbo on crsx for like 100 bucks

blaastperformance.com has some really good deals on t3/t04 turbos in the 350-500hp range, and a couple in the 200-350 range. theres one thats cheaper than the ebay turbo with garret internals($390 for an ebay turbo and rebuild), and one that costs the same. the rebuilds cost about 250+/- and are warrantied for 6 months. even on the ebay turbos.

and they offer upgrades like water cooling and compressor wheels.

i rebuilt my turbo using a kit from gpopshop.com greddy turbo uses a mitsubishi rebuild kit. Give them a call and they will get you the right kit.

Thanks guys for all the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by tjs03si View Post
    i rebuilt my turbo using a kit from gpopshop.com greddy turbo uses a mitsubishi rebuild kit. Give them a call and they will get you the right kit.
    x2

Thread Information