Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledouble View Post
    Can you use a switchblade type key fob found on VW and such??
    Check out the Honda Ridgeline Switchblade key. I think that a guy on Ebay named Artiway makes them with the chips for our cars already installed, so all you have to do is take it to the stealership to get it cut and programmed. Otherwise, the steps to get it to work would be basically the same as with my guide, cut 2 keys, take apart EP3 key and remove transponder, transplant transponder into Ridgeline key, and program remote. The same guts as the key I made above are in it, because the FCCID is OUCG8D-380H-A, so if you want to go with a switchblade key, go with a Ridgeline key.

UKDM Y0!
    Well I got ahold of a CRV key for around $12 which is exactly the same, the remote programmed in ok :) just waiting on my replacement blade coming so I can use it

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmcc View Post
    Well I got ahold of a CRV key for around $12 which is exactly the same, the remote programmed in ok :) just waiting on my replacement blade coming so I can use it
    Programmed as in the remote programmed correctly? Because remember, unless you want to disable your engine immobilizer with KPro, you still have to get a compatible transponder chip programmed for it or else it won't start the car. However, if you got the transponder programmed/have some way of disabling the immobilizer then awesome. And yeah, I've found that these keys are really inexpensive if you know where to look. Anyway, good luck on getting your key working, I hope it all works out!

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    i got a ridgeline one piece key plus a 2 pack of oem replacement plain keys:) one as a spare and one to steal the immobilizer out of.

and now i can't find a dealership that won't rape me for cutting and programming.. only time i've ever been upset with honda!

Thread Information