Close

Transmission Removal

Do I have to Remove the starter to crack-apart the tranny from the engine for the first time? got everything out and the sucker dont budge? Please some suggestions on removing :) All other bolts removed..

subframe out, doesnt look like anything else keeping it from parting. Please suggestions

The front starter bolt has to come out... it threads into the tranny casing. The starter bolt BEHIND the starter can stay. There are two dowel pins between the block and tranny... so you will have to do some wiggling to get it to let go. Try alternatively whacking on the trans case at the 3 and 9 o clock positions with a rubber mallet to see if it will help you out.

Other than that you should be good.

Thanks alot man, its out and I can continue..
    :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    The front starter bolt has to come out... it threads into the tranny casing. The starter bolt BEHIND the starter can stay. There are two dowel pins between the block and tranny... so you will have to do some wiggling to get it to let go. Try alternatively whacking on the trans case at the 3 and 9 o clock positions with a rubber mallet to see if it will help you out.

Other than that you should be good.

Yea the starter stopped the tech that was doing my clutch yesterday..but finally got it..then said..want to replace it?...um no.

Thread Information