Close

New Member: '03 TW EP3

8/31/11 UPDATE ON POST #9

Here is my (completely stock ) 2003 Taffeta White Civic Si with ~169,000 miles
    Plans for the future include:
    1. HFP style wing (I'm checking out the spoilerdepot one here http://www.spoilerdepot.com/spoilers...si/item-06150/) If anyone has any experience with that particular wing or would like to suggest another or sell me their own, their help would be greatly appreciated
    EDIT: After hearing of multiple unpleasant experiences with the spoilerdepot wing, I am looking now at the showstoppers one. (http://showstoppersusa.com/usdm-type...2-up-civic-si/)
    2. Lowering springs: thinking about Eibach Sportlines or Neuspeed Sport Springs. If anyone has springs their looking to sell that drop your car around 1.5" I would be willing to buy.
    EDIT: Anyone know anything about the Ground Control Coilovers? (http://showstoppersusa.com/ground-co...2-up-civic-si/)
    3. Rims (I know I want 16's, but haven't given much thought yet)
    4. Side Skirts (Suggestions?)
    5. CAI, Exhaust (It'll be a while before I make it through steps 1-4, so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it)

Any input (including the negative variety) is welcome and appreciated.
    Thanks for looking

Last edited by bonobo; 09-02-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Welcome to the site brotha...lots of info here...before you buy anything take some time to research the item and decide in advance what your long term goals are for the car. That will save you alot of money in the long run. I'm talking from experience. Tons of money wasted on my car. Try to do as much of the work as you can by yourself otherwise you can get really screwed. Happened to me alot of times as well.

In terms of exterior in my opinion you should stick with one theme. Either mugen, jdm, oem, of hpf
    Mugen is the most expensive. Both mugen and jdm has 2 different styles. 02-03 and 04-05 style.
    HPF has only one style.

What kind of budget are you working with cuz that's gonna determine alot of your choices

In terms of suspension...this is something you definitely don't want to cheap out on...Save up for this...my suggestion for a good off the shelf coilover on a budget is progress coilvers. Will run you about $900. Other's will also recommend the HPF suspension or the Aspec suspesion from the acura rsx those might be cheaper than progress but you won't be able to drop the car as much.

decide on whether you wanna work on exterior first or engine first as well. look for good deals on here and be weary of scammers. They are everywhere...

good luck...
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

welcome to the forum..I suggest if you install HFP,installs all around so look for uniformity, same thing for JDM style.

For wheels and suspension here a few links including info and pics for better idea..

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...our-slammed-EP

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...Current-Wheels

good luck

Nice!

Welcome

hooray, looks like mine....stock. not to sway you from this site, but after you look through all the pictures of wheels and slammed EP3's pics like I did, go to honda-tech's ep3 picture thread, they have tons more pictures of our car with many different looks and options. But only after you've gone through the pics here of course. AND welcome!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and feedback. Anyone else have experience with the spoilerdepot wing? (link in OP) I've heard a variety of responses from different people concerning fitment and quality.
    Thanks Guys!

Looks Good now just wash that bitch lol
    Last edited by j0k3r88; 08-05-2011 at 04:03 PM.

UPDATE: if anyone's selling a (replica that would fit USDM) mugen wing, I would be interested in buying that.

Here is my (a little less stock) 2003 Taffeta White Civic Si now with ~170,000 miles

Mod List:
    -OEM CF Hood
    -HFP Spoiler
    -20%/35% Window tints
    -AEM CAI (Not yet on the car, still debating whether or not it is worth it to install, my car being a daily driver)
    -CorSport Red JDM steering wheel badge
    -2.25" B-Pipe
    -HKS Shift Knob

Plans for the future include:
    1. (Mugen) Front Lip
    2.Side Skirts
    3. Wheels
    4. Camber Plates
    5. Blitzsafe Audio Input
    Any input (including the negative variety) is welcome and appreciated.
    Thanks for looking

Last edited by bonobo; 09-02-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Thread Information