Close

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by k20aem2 View Post
    If you're on a budget they're fine. I havent had a problem with my rokkors, had them for 8 months now no clunking or cap coming loose.
    i actually saw those as well, wondered if they had the same issues as the racelands

Quote Originally Posted by blueandgoldep3 View Post
    so would you recommend lubing the perches pre install?
    Yea. It stopped the clunking for at least 3 weeks (& I'm assuming as long as they're lubed up, they won't clunk); the clunking is probably still gone, but I don't keep in touch with the buyer.. so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by blueandgoldep3 View Post
    i actually saw those as well, wondered if they had the same issues as the racelands
    I believe so since they are the same as racelands just a different name under the same company.

If the caps do come loose just put blue loc-tite on the threads and you'll be good.
    Last edited by Zzyzx; 02-20-2009 at 10:39 AM.

where you guys buying raceland now-a-days?

they have a web page...

ephatch member
    Anyones thoughts on racelands.. kind of what to upgrade my OEM suspension. How much better will these feel?

Yo not trying to be a dick but, have u read thru the thread?
    Ur at the right place now read... theres 42pgs of info im sure ull find ur answer

Yo not trying to be a dick but, have u read thru the thread?
    Ur at the right place now read... theres 42pgs of info im sure ull find ur answer

i had a problem with the cap coming loose on one of my struts and even with it tight as possible with lock tight there was still movement in the casing with the piston, given it was very minimal rokkor was okay with it and sent me an entire front passenger assembly and it looks like the top cap they are using something different to seal it with and that shit wouldnt budge

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by ep3colin View Post
    i had a problem with the cap coming loose on one of my struts and even with it tight as possible with lock tight there was still movement in the casing with the piston, given it was very minimal rokkor was okay with it and sent me an entire front passenger assembly and it looks like the top cap they are using something different to seal it with and that shit wouldnt budge
    I'm really not that sure of what you just said.. I don't have much technical knowledge of suspension set ups. But, it sounds like you had a problem and they rectified it? How many miles have you had them on? Does it ride better than OEM?

Quote Originally Posted by StockTexasEP3 View Post
    I'm really not that sure of what you just said.. I don't have much technical knowledge of suspension set ups. But, it sounds like you had a problem and they rectified it? How many miles have you had them on? Does it ride better than OEM?
    What do you consider as "better than OEM"?
    We all have different perspectives. We don't know what you consider as better.
    But as far as my baised answer, no it will ride worse than OEM.
    Also, assuming you're going to drop it low and daily it, they in my opinion do not dampen 'properly' for the springrates/car.
    What I consider as "better than OEM" I would be thinking more of a luxery ride; Doesn't bounce, very smooth, dampens like a champ.
    So I would say that Raceland Coilovers are a step further away from a luxery car feel.
    They are bouncy, smooth enough, and they don't dampen properly in my opinion. I think they are much too bouncy. I thought they were blown the first time I drove an ep3 with them in.

But if you're planning on slamming your car, that should mean you're willing to sacrifice some ride quality.
    Last edited by cow; 03-01-2009 at 08:48 AM.
    WTS: 17" beater wheels 4 lug, Dell Studio 1555 Laptop, Volvo Lip, Nikon mount lenses, BuddyClub wing, and more. PM me.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...110#post935110

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickJamesYu View Post
    What do you consider as "better than OEM"?
    We all have different perspectives. We don't know what you consider as better.
    But as far as my baised answer, no it will ride worse than OEM.
    Also, assuming you're going to drop it low and daily it, they in my opinion do not dampen 'properly' for the springrates/car.
    What I consider as "better than OEM" I would be thinking more of a luxery ride; Doesn't bounce, very smooth, dampens like a champ.
    So I would say that Raceland Coilovers are a step further away from a luxery car feel.
    They are bouncy, smooth enough, and they don't dampen properly in my opinion. I think they are much too bouncy. I thought they were blown the first time I drove an ep3 with them in.

But if you're planning on slamming your car, that should mean you're willing to sacrifice some ride quality.
    I don't want to slam my car at all. Looking for maybe a 1.5 in drop. Lately I've been feeling my stock suspension set up is too bouncy and not tight enough. Rides hard over bumps and is not smooth. Ideally I would like it closer to my grandmother's 5 series that I've been driving this weekend. Her car just feels tighter overall, more held together. I also drive my car HARD and she drives it like a grandma, so there's something to say about that. I think she has an 04 with 70k miles and I have 03 si with 100 k. I know the front struts were replaced maybe 30 or 40 k miles back, I think, because they were blown. But the rears are still original. Overall I just want the car to feel more solid over all. Currently have a bigger rear sway and looking at strut bar either front / rear or both. All other suspension is stock. I do not have a grand to spend on a suspension set up right now and I've heard good and bad things about the racelands, which is why I'm asking.

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StockTexasEP3 View Post
    I don't want to slam my car at all. Looking for maybe a 1.5 in drop. Lately I've been feeling my stock suspension set up is too bouncy and not tight enough. Rides hard over bumps and is not smooth. Ideally I would like it closer to my grandmother's 5 series that I've been driving this weekend. Her car just feels tighter overall, more held together. I also drive my car HARD and she drives it like a grandma, so there's something to say about that. I think she has an 04 with 70k miles and I have 03 si with 100 k. I know the front struts were replaced maybe 30 or 40 k miles back, I think, because they were blown. But the rears are still original. Overall I just want the car to feel more solid over all. Currently have a bigger rear sway and looking at strut bar either front / rear or both. All other suspension is stock. I do not have a grand to spend on a suspension set up right now and I've heard good and bad things about the racelands, which is why I'm asking.
    if you want a decent ride and don't even want to slam it, it would probably be better to go with progress or eibach springs.

i wonder if rl has fixed the issues with these coils? for the price u can't beat them. but the annoying noise just sucks. u guys have the number for there tech line i want to call them and ask.

Ya can't go wrong with the price..... I'll be ordering a set or 2 after Xmas.....

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread Information