Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dood, My brother just traded his Spec V in for a Type-S. The Spec V 's are blowing motors right and left cause there engines suck. And after driving the Type-s around, The torque off the line may get the Type-s , the SER's redline is at 6250, very, very low, so the RSX keeps pulling while the Spec is trying to play catchup!

Overall, its a individual thing, I DEARLY miss the HUGE torque out of the spec but all in all , feeling a car pull Harder and Harder as it passes the 6250 redline of the SPec is so much cooler!

Its proven , Guys in Specs are Tryin to run 15 flat Quarters while guys in Type-s's are runnin 14.4's!

Originally posted by !@#$%

(cliffs at bottom)

i didnt buy this car to go to the 1/4 mile track. I would like even more drivability to it. I don't see a point in running the crap out of an engine for just .2 of a second. im only 19 and i sound like im 60.

only reasons i've purchased intake/header and soon exhaust is for sound. (yes the header addition made a very noticable increase in sound. took it off and realized it immensely.)

I understand why you want the higher redline, but I'm not out to hit 9000 rpm, sure it would be cool, but having a 4 cylinder with torque *turbo* is much more satisfying than the dime o dozen 8000 rpm 4 bangers. thats just my opinion, but i definitely see where ur coming from.

cliff: i guess i just really want hondata to put out a much higher tq increase program that doesnt up the redline. Sure the higher redline is fun but i would like to see more emphasis on tq #'s than hp #'s for once. if we had more torque, our engine would haul. Look at the Spec V, 180 lbs and it pulls hard. thats my piece. take it for what its worth....:angel:

Ok, no offense to you, but for those of who really do race our cars, the higher redline is worth almost the entire cost of the flash.

I'm going to be doing a lot of autoxing with the car at local events (saving my R for the bigger stuff) and that higher redline will mean that I can stay in second gear sooo much longer without losing the time to shift to third. Same thing goes if anyone tracks the car--you can leave it in gear that much longer without needing to grab the next gear.

People don't realize the benefits of a higher redline. Plus, no one says you have to shift that high. Just shift where you normally would--it isn't that hard to figure out.

Also, how much low-end torque do you realistically think an ECU flash is going to make on a 4-cylinder n/a car? Not much. 4 cylinder n/a cars make power by increasing torque at a higher rpm.
    Last edited by tkm; 02-17-2003 at 09:06 AM.

TKM, Thats a very good answer! Redline that high means higher top end etc... I agree that thats the main gain from the Hondata reflash! I was very dissapointed at the Si's redline when I bought it, that was the only problem I had with it. The old Si's had a 8200 rpm redline, and suddenly Honda thought they could get by with a 7100? That was really crazy!

Please keep this thread flame free, i dont want to have to lock a decent thread over some bs comments. --joe.

Originally posted by 02blksi
    Please keep this thread flame free, i dont want to have to lock a decent thread over some bs comments. --joe.

Who was flaming? There was just some mis-information posted, that's all.

Originally posted by tkm

Who was flaming? There was just some mis-information posted, that's all.
    Second that.;)

the flaming comment wasnt directed towards you neme.... :angel:

neme...NBL, but was commenting on the mis-info. :angel:

Man, Thats how we get the RIGHT info is by POSITIVE controversy.
    I bet when the guys who created the nuclear bomb argued, the head chief did not just close their little debate over " how much radioactive material was necessary for fission".Just a thought!;)

There are 4 different stages of the flash. you dont have to get the Raised fuel cutt off if you dont want it. this was everyone will be happy;)

cool, i did not know that, thanks man!:)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information