Close

OEM headunit crew

Anyone else still rockin it?

Yessir! With the blitzsafe adapter, I've got no reason to ever change it out,

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    Ever had a real stereo? Thats the reason to change it out. I dont like having mine sometimes...too many jackers in my area.

I put a Sirius antenna adaptor on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jared07 View Post
    Ever had a real stereo? Thats the reason to change it out. I dont like having mine sometimes...too many jackers in my area.
    Yes, my real stereo receiver and speakers are at home.

same here. waiting for the z140 to come out this spring though, my girls DUAL headunit and cheap ass speakers sound better than mine now.

Yes, my real stereo receiver and speakers are at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Civic5lug View Post
    Wat? Correct eq and input settings give me a good enough sound. If I want high quality, I'll use headphones or a home receiver. My car is for driving, not listening to music.

Wat? Correct eq and input settings give me a good enough sound. If I want high quality, I'll use headphones or a home receiver. My car is for driving, not listening to music.
    i meant that smilie as if you hit jarod wit a fish lol. I'm all about the oem headunit

Ahaha, gotcha. I love the look of the oem unit, it's a good looking oem deck, and my stereo cables come out of the FAUX button on the center console, it couldn't be more convenient really.

HAHA, not hating, I wish i had the look of the OEM, but wouldn't sacrifice my stereo...

still rockin oem with cd's. booyah!

OEM head unit here, with no plans to change it.

I got a Jabra Cruiser 2 bluetooth speakerphone w/ built-in FM transmitter. It links to my phone using bluetooth (A2DP) and plays my music over the stereo (FM). The sound quality is good enough sound for me, and it gives me access to all the online radio content that I can get via my phone (tune-in, slacker, XM, rdio, etc). If a call comes in, it pauses the music while I take the call. It also gives you the option to have calls transmitted over FM, which is fine for most of my calls. It's a nice unit, IMO. I put the phone on a windshield mount and use it as a display for the audio stuff as well as for navigation (4" display).

Not Newbie
    OEM for life!

Never been a big audio guy although I admit that the stock stereo just plain sucks. The main reason I don't go aftermarket is because they look like crap with the EP3 dash (and most modern cars with dash integrated stereos). An aftermarket radio in a modern car just looks too mid-late 90's for me.

Have never seen an aftermarket headunit that flows with the dash except maybe a navigation unit (but A, they are expensive and B, they are a thief magnet).

The OEM radio is nice because the faceplate contours the dash, it's silver and VERY simple. Don't need a ton of features...just the radio and my iPod hookup (using iPod2Car).

Thinking about upgrading the speakers, buying a line out adapter and/or possibly a small amplifier (maybe find an RSX-S amp with subwoofer) to put under the seat and in the spare tire well. Want to keep things looking as OEM as possible.

Thread Information