Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SkareKrow View Post
    Ill swap ecus no problem. my usb that I put music in works on the laptop. I'm thinking its honestly something on the registry and I'm not trying to screw it up since I don't know much of it. :-/ I uninstalled the drivers for the usb and reinstalled them. The mouse thats usb also works... Any other advice?

¶SK¬
    Yeah, I know its a pain in the ass, but use another laptop OR your desk top (which means running an extension cord from your house/garage to your car) to run Kmgr.

If you determine it is infact your laptop that is screwy -- you can always do a full system restore. Or better yet, before you do that, see if you can do a "go back" to the LATEST possible date (like a month or two ago?) You should be able to do that. So here is what I would do next if I were you in this order:

1) perform a "go back" on your laptop to the earliest date possible. Then install your kpro mgr. fresh again
    2) if that dont work - hook up your desktop OR another laptop to your kpro. If your kpro works - you KNOW its your laptop, then if thats the case:
    3) full system restore on that laptop.

Seriously, I think one of those 3 options will get you going again SK.

-Al
    Last edited by HFPcivicSI; 11-27-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HFPcivicSI View Post
    Yeah, I know its a pain in the ass, but use another laptop OR your desk top (which means running an extension cord from your house/garage to your car) to run Kmgr.

If you determine it is infact your laptop that is screwy -- you can always do a full system restore. Or better yet, before you do that, see if you can do a "go back" to the LATEST possible date (like a month or two ago?) You should be able to do that. So here is what I would do next if I were you in this order:

1) perform a "go back" on your laptop to the earliest date possible. Then install your kpro mgr. fresh again
    2) if that dont work - hook up your desktop OR another laptop to your kpro. If your kpro works - you KNOW its your laptop, then if thats the case:
    3) full system restore on that laptop.

Seriously, I think one of those 3 options will get you going again SK.

-Al
    Ok Updates. I will be trying to the Desktop Trick. I just got off the phone with Matt @ Hondata Help... He said that the ECU might be messed up. It's a 50$ Charge to just ship it to them. And another $250.00 just to see what is going on... So in other words another $300.00 To get it back up and running... Hopefully... Thats what he is telling me. I don't understand how it could have messed up on me...Everything has been grounded correctly... Anymore help would be appreciated. Thanks very much in advance for anyone helping me...

Update: Tried my buddy's laptop the one that was always busy actually had a minute to help out yesterday evening. Well it showed that there was a USB Portable Hardware trying to connect. He already had KManager since his Brother has KPro in a K20Z1'd out EKHatch... But It wouldn't read the drivers to KPro... I am guessing that I might have to actually send my KPro in and I might as well do a KPRo Version III(3) Upgrade... That would completely cost me about $375 Roughly or so.

What else do you guys think before I start racking up the money to send the KPro in....

Thread Information