Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k3hatchie View Post
    That is actually what i planned to do, the knuckles are the same between the 02/03's and 04/05's (correct me if im wrong) so the bearing should press right in.

The only thing i've become worried about is if the larger caliper from the type s will cause the pedal to feel mushy, any insignt on this?
    I wouldn't think the pedal would feel too much different. Honestly in that situation I'd go ahead and install SS lines as well. If there is any difference in pedal feel the SS lines should more than compensate. And for $100 or so you get a lot better pedal feel and you have to bleed the brakes anyways.

That raises another question of mine. Do the facelift ep3's have the same size rotors as the 4 lugs? Or are they similar in size to the DC5 type S?

Quote Originally Posted by Anrasmor View Post
    I wouldn't think the pedal would feel too much different. Honestly in that situation I'd go ahead and install SS lines as well. If there is any difference in pedal feel the SS lines should more than compensate. And for $100 or so you get a lot better pedal feel and you have to bleed the brakes anyways.

That raises another question of mine. Do the facelift ep3's have the same size rotors as the 4 lugs? Or are they similar in size to the DC5 type S?
    As far as I knew all EP's and Base DC5's have the same size rotors front and rear, only the DC5-S's have bigger rotors up front.

I wasn't too worried about the spungie brake but hear it from someone else makes me a lot more confident. SS lines are definitely part of the plan when I do my DC5-S swap.

So from my understanding, all you need to convert an '02 ep3 to 5 lug is the hubs and rotors from the '04 or '05? Can anybody confirm this? I am currently looking at wheels as well so bumping up to 5x114 would be great if I can do it for decently cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k3hatchie View Post
    That is perfect. Haha. Thanks 2k3hatchie, that is exactly what I've been looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Anrasmor View Post
    That is perfect. Haha. Thanks 2k3hatchie, that is exactly what I've been looking for.
    No problemo. I'm just passing it along, someone sent me that link and I found it extremely helpful.

Wow. Bearings and hubs run fairly expensive on these Honda's. Even some of the BMW's I've worked on aren't as expensive. For me to do bearings and hubs on all four corners without rotors was almost $600.

Mary, I don't get the abs sensor part? So far I only understand, "don't bolt the sensor back on; leave it hanging."

And I don't remember reading anything about the tie rod puller. Is that tool necessary?

did this type s swap like a month ago. worked out great.... got the 5lug,wheels,and suspension for dirt cheap. and you really feel the difference in stopping power.

I didn't see this covered, or I might have missed it, but the 05 dc5 type s should fit the ep3 correct? Brakes, rotors, calibers, axels?

Thread Information