Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    We need direct ignition on my SI.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamKO View Post
    We need direct ignition on my SI.
    DI = Direct Injection

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    anyway, ya honda will have to introduce DI on the next generation of engines, but i think you are right and for now they will just run the k-series life out for 5-10 years before introducing the next engine
    Maybe not... I was bored, working the night shift, and found this. Honda didn't license DI from anyone. They did it their own way.

Honda i-vteci
    Last edited by dirtyduck17; 05-23-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyduck17 View Post
    Wasn't there some talk awhile back about (A-VTEC) Advanced-vtec? That would be the next big step for the k-series, continuously variable valve timing, lift and duration as opposed to the stepped verity we have now. I wonder what kind of numbers it could put down. I've done some looking and the most recent mention of A-VTEC was back in 2007.
    that may have been put off due to the car-pocalypse in 2008...i am sure it will happen soon...

see now what i want honda to develop next isnt DI or A-VTEC etc, but is camless engine technology. Fiat is releasing it this year. It is essentially a motor where the entire valve train is operated by solenoids. so no valve train draining 20% of the power the engine is developing, plus infinitely and ideally variable valve timing, duration, etc. So the engine can optimize the valves for any situation. its awesome tech.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

The Multiair system is pretty slick. I think chrysler lucked out when Fiat bought them out. I've read that the system is being integrated across all engine lines.

The coolest part is that diesel engines equipped with Multiair don't need an additive injected to the exhaust to meet emission standards. Thats pretty impressive.

EPA numbers...
    Acura TL: 18/26 on premium fuel
    Ford Mustang: 19/29 on regular

Acura TSX: 21/30 again premium
    Buick Lacrosse: 23/32 on the cheap stuff.

Lets also not forget the better emissions.

I'm not trying to bag on honda for not having DI. I feel that Honda could do more of what they have always done, more with less. DI provides the opportunity to increase power and economy while decreasing emissions. Sounds like that would be right up Honda's alley doesn't it?

how can you compare a non luxury vehicle to a luxury vehicle thats kinda the most stupid comparison i have read yet....... try comparing hondas 2.4 accord motor and the accord V6 3.5 liter to them. Just to let you know there is no such thing in the new model acuras as a s-type its the SHAWD TL so unless the mustang is running AWD its another mute comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by showoff3civic View Post
    how can you compare a non luxury vehicle to a luxury vehicle thats kinda the most stupid comparison i have read yet....... try comparing hondas 2.4 accord motor and the accord V6 3.5 liter to them. Just to let you know there is no such thing in the new model acuras as a s-type its the SHAWD TL so unless the mustang is running AWD its another mute comparison.
    Its not a comparison of each cars equipment. Its strictly a comparison of HP, displacement, and fuel economy. You do have a point with the 2.4 in the accord being a better example but the V6 in the accord doesn't meet the output requirements of 300+ hp. I didn't choose the engines for the comparison, I just looked up the EPA numbers for the examples given.
    Last edited by dirtyduck17; 05-24-2010 at 01:14 PM.

i understand how your comparing but a high performance 2.4 compared to a tuned down is not really a fair comparison. Also you have to compare fwd/awd/rwd and the weight of the vehicle.

i understand how your comparing but a high performance 2.4 compared to a tuned down is not really a fair comparison. Also you have to compare fwd/awd/rwd and the weight of the vehicle.
    I agree, but the standard TL only makes 280. 20 short of the requirement. I thought the SH-AWD was optional on the TL-S? I might be wrong though.

i work for Acura, its:
    280 hp 3.5 liter in the front wheel drive
    305 hp 3.7 liter in the AWD

no type-s variant of the TL it ended in 2008

i work for Acura, its:
    280 hp 3.5 liter in the front wheel drive
    305 hp 3.7 liter in the AWD

no type-s variant of the TL it ended in 2008
    That's the same info I found by googleing it. I would think a RWD/solid axle would have as much drag as a AWD set up. The AWD is an on-demand set up isn't it?

That's the same info I found by googleing it. I would think a RWD/solid axle would have as much drag as a AWD set up. The AWD is an on-demand set up isn't it?

SH-AWD is the most advanced AWD system and NO it is not on demand its always working and adapting unlike almost every other system to date. Most AWD systems wait for a wheel to slip to transfer power but the acura even on dry pavement will transfer power for optimum handling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuUaqFnsb2M

SH-AWD is the most advanced AWD system and NO it is not on demand its always working and adapting unlike almost every other system to date. Most AWD systems wait for a wheel to slip to transfer power but the acura even on dry pavement will transfer power for optimum handling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuUaqFnsb2M
    Gotcha. I wasn't sure if it was a similar system to RealTime 4WD like the CRV. Thanks for the info.

no system is advanced before its time, Audi and BMW are no trying to replicate the Acura system :-)

no system is advanced before its time, Audi and BMW are no trying to replicate the Acura system :-)
    I've read that. Magazines like C&D and Motor Trend rave about how well it makes the TL handle. Torque vectoring at its best.

Cmon close this thread already mods!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information