Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    i like it man... maybe ill order these before my spoiler. personally i think im gonna wait untill i see the surface rust take affect. the SS shouldnt be a problem, but then again i live in NM. the lack of a flex pipe worries me. bottoming out around the resonator on the catback is gonna put some stress on the header/tp welds... then again alot of the race headers didnt look to have flex pipes either.
    did you decide on the motor mount inserts?

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    i like it man... maybe ill order these before my spoiler. personally i think im gonna wait untill i see the surface rust take affect. the SS shouldnt be a problem, but then again i live in NM. the lack of a flex pipe worries me. bottoming out around the resonator on the catback is gonna put some stress on the header/tp welds... then again alot of the race headers didnt look to have flex pipes either.
    did you decide on the motor mount inserts?
    Already have them, waiting to be installed this spring!

use locktite and new hardware. mine was always comin loose on my crx.
    be jealous :P

Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    use locktite and new hardware. mine was always comin loose on my crx.
    The blue stuff? Thanks for the tip and headsup! It came with all new hardware except for the manifold studs, I may pick up some new ones from honda depending on how hammered the stock ones are from the rust.

just spray them all with WD40 while theyre hot, they should come out pretty easy. i sprayed all my stuff on my gst like 2 days before, then as i was doing it. smooth as butter.

update?

im running aem short ram, dc shorty to ebay test pipe to bbp midpipe to stock axleback, annnnnd it sounds like shit, at about 3-4k it sounds like a god damn go kart or street bike, but i definitely felt a power difference from stock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UylJsourLLk

no that goofy mothefucker in the car isnt me thats my buddy
    Last edited by ep3colin; 03-02-2011 at 10:39 PM.

yuck, does sound like shit. maybe its time for the axle back to go man. have you tried it with the full BBP? i imagine it to be pretty effin loud, but def alot better. you could put the silencer in and it would still sound/flow better than this....
    that stock muffler/custom exhaust sound sucks (even hfp's/rsx-s mufflers).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozly1...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRdWVHqs8KA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA6bG...eature=related

this is about the best sounding one with a resonator added
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzRcV...eature=related

still doesnt sound as good as this guy : )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyK3294PrOs
    Last edited by tlikethedrink; 03-05-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Still waiting on this shit weather to make it's way out for good! RUST BELT FTMFL!!

On a positive note, I have a 40hr a week job now and I'll be able to save for the dyno runs regardless of discounts. Also, I'm thinking my cams may be galled as my tach has seemed jumpy lately and my engine noise is not the same as it once was. Oh well, we'll find out when I start tearing into her this month. I've got alot of things in the works for this one, mostly maint. for now.

good luck with the cam situation... hope its all in your head. its nice to have a job and be able to work towards something. ive been lucky with my job and have been able to buy things like car parts and other stuff i dont NEED. maybe ill dyno too if i end up getting a TP/shorty combo. im more worried about the dissapointment than anything. i dont wanna pull -140whp and end up not being happy with the car. it would either make me want to get rid of it or boost it lol.

yeah ive decided my exhaust is loud enough for now. no tp, maybe a shorty. i doubt a header tho just because it looks like a pain to install and probably wouldnt be worth it for a shorty. ive focused more on looks for now... i want to get a spoiler and clean up the paint(pinstripe/decals removed) before i do anything else...

i was thinking maybe getting one of these cheapy cat backs cutting the muffler off and getting a nice flat black vibrant muffler. it be custom and also not very loud hopefully...any body else do this or think it be a good idea....just wanna make sure the piping is going to hold up for a wile.....

UPDATE: In short, the only piece worth buying is the catback. Even that has poor fitment which caused my bumper to melt a little bit.
    Header quality is JUNK, had to ream out 3 holes just to get it to bolt on. Test pipe is loud, worthless and most likely will lean out your engine causing occasional misfires and such. All the pieces are very thin and are not high quality "stainless steel". For the amount of heat your header and test pipe will endure, it just doesn't make sense to have such shitty quality. the b-pipe and axleback are alright for being thinner due to the somewhat lower level of heat, and the fact that it doesn't sound horrible. Not great either though.

I'll update in about a week when I take off the Header and Test-Pipe. They will be for sale at a heavily discounted price (despite only being used for a month)

You should do a dyno comparison with a race header like obx or dc to show how a low budget race header is still beneficial to our cars. Any brand name header would work.

I would totally be down to do this, but I don't have the funds to do so. Should I start a "dyno fundrasier"? I would definitely be down to make a trip down to STM and see how many ponies difference there is.

i will tune your ebay parts for free for shiz and giggles. if you have kpro. lol.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information