Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Damn this is some technical shit thats is way above my big head with small brain.

So basically the jrsc needs to be cooled somehow. You can either cool it with:
    1) an aftercooler kit + the methanol/water injection kit

OR

2) an aquamist kit which IS a type of methanol/water injection kit

what does GPH stand for? And where do you buy this water/methanol mixture?
    Last edited by MadLorEP3; 01-08-2011 at 12:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by madlorglk View Post
    Damn this is some technical shit thats is way above my big head with small brain.

So basically the jrsc needs to be cooled somehow. You can either cool it with:
    1) an aftercooler kit + the methanol/water injection kit
    2) an aquamist kit which IS a type of methanol/water injection kit
    what does GPH stand for? And where do you buy this water/methanol mixture?
    There are more options than what myself and 04ep3hatch are advocating. AIS, Snow Performance, Cooling Mist, and Aquamist are all reputable Meth kits. Aquamist has a nice progressive controller which allows for modulation of the flow by integrating it with sensors from the native car. It's an option that most other kits do no offer. Usually you have it working like Nitrous, it's either flowing a constant rate or its not. The threshold for on operation is usually set very close to full throttle to help preserve injection for needed situations.

There aren't too many aftercooling options. A couple of guys on CRSX made their own. Joe at Prototype racing made a couple for some race teams a few years back, but those are long gone. You'll still see the Loza/JustinC cores pop up from now and then but they require an RSX JRSC. The RSX JRSC has a better flowing manifold, but it's fitment within the EP engine bay is not as nice as the native EP kit.

GPH is Gallons per Hour. You can buy methanol at local shops and mix it with water at your convenience.

You seem pretty green to the SC game. Check out clubrsx's SC section and read their stickies. Lot's of good info on everything from tuning, coolers, and alcohol injection.
    Last edited by PAPITUYO326; 01-08-2011 at 01:25 AM.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    To dumb down the conversation, I was just going to confirm (and I didn't read pages 2-4) that the Injen CAI SP-1576 is a 3" piping specific to the EP3 engine bay. I believe even Fujita's CAI is 3", AEM just never updated their product... Injen originally made a "1st gen" CAI for the EP3 that had smaller piping before coming up with a better one.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Quote Originally Posted by PAPITUYO326 View Post
    There are more options than what myself and 04ep3hatch are advocating. AIS, Snow Performance, Cooling Mist, and Aquamist are all reputable Meth kits. Aquamist has a nice progressive controller which allows for modulation of the flow by integrating it with sensors from the native car. It's an option that most other kits do no offer. Usually you have it working like Nitrous, it's either flowing a constant rate or its not. The threshold for on operation is usually set very close to full throttle to help preserve injection for needed situations.

There aren't too many aftercooling options. A couple of guys on CRSX made their own. Joe at Prototype racing made a couple for some race teams a few years back, but those are long gone. You'll still see the Loza/JustinC cores pop up from now and then but they require an RSX JRSC. The RSX JRSC has a better flowing manifold, but it's fitment within the EP engine bay is not as nice as the native EP kit.

GPH is Gallons per Hour. You can buy methanol at local shops and mix it with water at your convenience.

You seem pretty green to the SC game. Check out clubrsx's SC section and read their stickies. Lot's of good info on everything from tuning, coolers, and alcohol injection.
    than you sir
    I appreciate the clarification
    by the way, in your old set up, where you running both an aftercooler and a water/meth kit?
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

Thread Information