Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No more Type-R?

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    I would to! But a diesel hybrid makes far too much common sense for it to be a reality. It would probably out sell most any other hybrid hands down.
    exactly...my first concept in school was for a dodge bio-diesel hybrid truck with the hydraulic regenerative braking they are using on semis as well as the camless engine technology...it was pretty awesome, all current real technology that gives you everything you want need...the guy from chrysler didnt like it because it made too much sense basically...

I have made several composite chassis for ATV's using aircraft ply, foam, kevlar, aluminum, Cf, and epoxy. They were far lighter and stronger than any steel chassis could be.

Car's are just begging for a similar composite chassis!
    pretty much all of my thesis is based around an aluminum space frame vehicle with composite panels that turn it into a semi-monocoque spaceframe, plus im using some other technologies kicking around...basically its a vehicle with current useable tech that no one is using because of the auto industry being so up its ass supporting outdated tech like steel stamping ...in June when i finish it ill be posting the whole deal up...dont want to say much more than this haha
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

It does seem that Honda is setting themselves up for a different direction. It's easy to take it as a bad thing, but for me it's just too early to tell.

I would to! But a diesel hybrid makes far too much common sense for it to be a reality. It would probably out sell most any other hybrid hands down.
    my apologies to suddenly shift the thread's focus from the typeR to diesel powered cars

but then again, makes far too much common sense to be a reality? i dont think i quite get this one, but as far as im concerned, i'd take a raw clean diesel engine over a gas-electric hybrid

.. i think gas-electric hybrids are just scams made by the oil companies to try and prevent clean diesel from reaching consumers

BUT ANYWAY, back on topic i suppose -- CRZ-R sounds smexy to me, and so does a Fit Type-R

Quote Originally Posted by J Mo View Post
    my apologies to suddenly shift the thread's focus from the typeR to diesel powered cars

but then again, makes far too much common sense to be a reality? i dont think i quite get this one, but as far as im concerned, i'd take a raw clean diesel engine over a gas-electric hybrid

.. i think gas-electric hybrids are just scams made by the oil companies to try and prevent clean diesel from reaching consumers

BUT ANYWAY, back on topic i suppose -- CRZ-R sounds smexy to me, and so does a Fit Type-R
    hybrids arent scams, they are the middle ground to ease people into the idea that electric cars arent strange, then when companies release electric cars that actually function on a day to day basis, people wont be scared of them
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    hybrids arent scams, they are the middle ground to ease people into the idea that electric cars arent strange, then when companies release electric cars that actually function on a day to day basis, people wont be scared of them
    well said -- i never thought of them that way, and in a sense your post enlightens me quite a bit

hmm, with that being said, i wonder how its going to be with an all electric Type-R?

well said -- i never thought of them that way, and in a sense your post enlightens me quite a bit

hmm, with that being said, i wonder how its going to be with an all electric Type-R?
    the technology for ion lithium or some of the other battery technologies need to get to the point where you can still get a 200mile range, plus quick charging, plus light weights, before you will see an electric type r...not to mention affordability, right now good automotive electrical systems are still fairly expensive. we'll see, i think electric cars are the shit, as long as they can quick charge, and the vehicle gets at least a 200mile range...

its not like they cant deliver huge performance...the biggest issue is the charging, but theres a lot being done for that...we'll see, i wouldnt be surprised if in 30-50 years we had that
    my ep is white...

fifth gear's review of the CR-Z, take it or leave it, this is a tleast an opinion on it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn_8u...ayer_embedded#!

enjoy
    my ep is white...

the technology for ion lithium or some of the other battery technologies need to get to the point where you can still get a 200mile range, plus quick charging, plus light weights, before you will see an electric type r...not to mention affordability, right now good automotive electrical systems are still fairly expensive. we'll see, i think electric cars are the shit, as long as they can quick charge, and the vehicle gets at least a 200mile range...

its not like they cant deliver huge performance...the biggest issue is the charging, but theres a lot being done for that...we'll see, i wouldnt be surprised if in 30-50 years we had that
    well, we have the cars made by Tesla Motors to look up to in this case

well, we have the cars made by Tesla Motors to look up to in this case
    this is true, but that car was just a first attempt, its biggest issue is it is too heavy, and the charge time on it is still an issue...

tesla is having financial problems right now which is causing problems for them to improve upon their first sportscar...
    my ep is white...

this is true, but that car was just a first attempt, its biggest issue is it is too heavy, and the charge time on it is still an issue...

tesla is having financial problems right now which is causing problems for them to improve upon their first sportscar...
    well lets hope for the best when their Model-S 4 door all electric sedan comes out -- perhaps that would appeal to a larger demographic than the roadster

fifth gear's review of the CR-Z, take it or leave it, this is a tleast an opinion on it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn_8u...ayer_embedded#!

enjoy
    i just finished watching this -- thanks for sharing!

i like the fact that the car seems really classy, to myself anyway -- manual gearbox? perhaps it would be the only thing that would sway my opinion towards hybrids, barring the original insight of course, so count me in!

in reference to a previous post (or is it a different thread?) regarding a K series swap into a CR-Z body, mmm, a CR-Z Si, CR-Z SiR, and --- eek, a CR-Z Type-R?

what Mr.Ichisima of Spoon said that Honda might release the CR-Z type R in 3-4 years time or maybe sooner.

The current CR-Z has sold 10,000 units in its first month of sales in Japan, and obviously tuners like J's, Mugen, Spoon, HKS, HKS Kansai, 5Zigen and lots more have produced lots of aftermarket parts for the car.

Honda Japan bought MINI, Scirroco, and Lotus Elise during the production of the CR-Z. Their attempt is to make the car as rigid as a Type R and agile as a Lotus Elise. Which they did, and Mr. Ichisima praised the car even in its stock form.

Quote Originally Posted by white_r View Post
    what Mr.Ichisima of Spoon said that Honda might release the CR-Z type R in 3-4 years time or maybe sooner.

The current CR-Z has sold 10,000 units in its first month of sales in Japan, and obviously tuners like J's, Mugen, Spoon, HKS, HKS Kansai, 5Zigen and lots more have produced lots of aftermarket parts for the car.

Honda Japan bought MINI, Scirroco, and Lotus Elise during the production of the CR-Z. Their attempt is to make the car as rigid as a Type R and agile as a Lotus Elise. Which they did, and Mr. Ichisima praised the car even in its stock form.
    quoted for lots of truth
    Last edited by PAPITUYO326; 10-01-2008 at 09:19 PM.
    my ep is white...

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    I feel like my life wouldn't change one bit whether there were a Type-R or not. There, I said it.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Quote Originally Posted by Draw7Seven View Post
    I feel like my life wouldn't change one bit whether there were a Type-R or not. There, I said it.
    QFT.. all that really matters for us is that they keep producing a "sport" civic from which we can still swap engines from.

but i am enjoying the dialogue in this thread. i also would rock the heel out of a diesel hybrid. hell, even a turbo diesel! my sister is looking for a new car and i want her to get the new TDI jetta. test drove it and it was nice! plus the 50 mpg's don;t hurt either!

ep3 type r > euro hatch new type r

http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/top-gear-videos-13.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information