and/or the comment was even offensive.

You simply stated that your car was 'perfect' for high speed cornering
    He along with many of us want to know how you achieved this
    x2

share your secrets

back to topic:
    best tire?..assuming wheels are stock 04 EP3 wheels
    and
    ball joints? (im looking to pick up BC ball joints)

btw OP; whered you get Js Racing tie rods?..im looking to get some but cant source em out
    PSN: theehuggybear

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEP3 View Post
    x2

share your secrets

back to topic:
    best tire?..assuming wheels are stock 04 EP3 wheels
    and
    ball joints? (im looking to pick up BC ball joints)
    btw OP; whered you get Js Racing tie rods?..im looking to get some but cant source em out
    Keep in mind that he or she is located in Greece
    The 04 wheels you speak of might be different than the actual stock wheels for the car.
    WTS: 17" beater wheels 4 lug, Dell Studio 1555 Laptop, Volvo Lip, Nikon mount lenses, BuddyClub wing, and more. PM me.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...110#post935110

I would say rear sway next. It's cheap. It's effective. You can even swap it yourself. Don't get rid of your old bar, you can always swap it back if you change other things.

Tires makes your car handle best, but changing your steering is the most fun.

ima guess that he has a CTR already, so rear sway upgrade is kinda pointless unless he gets a 25mm or something.

Quote Originally Posted by powdbyrice View Post
    ima guess that he has a CTR already, so rear sway upgrade is kinda pointless unless he gets a 25mm or something.
    I agree, the CTR sway is good. No need to change if it's that. I suppose he could add a smaller front sway, but you have to disconnect the exhaust to get it in and out. Too much of a pain to do if you do the work yourself, unless your already changing the exhaust.

As a street car, a CTR shouldn't need much except for good tires and gas in the tank.

I would be wary of messing with anti-roll bars at this time. He says the car handles well, so we should assume its handling balance is what he wants it to be. Messing with the anti-roll bars will drastically change that handling balance and may cause the car to handle in an unwanted if not unexpected way.

Best to focus on maximizing grip for now. So, tires & a good non OEM alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Notis View Post
    I dont want any advise of you because you are very offensive about your reply (How is your car perfect on high speed cornering) but for me my car is very good on high speed cornering.
    Hahaha...I only stated what you are saying...Infact I would like to know what kind of EP you have. A CTR or not? Also what kind of high speed cornering are you doing? Circuit? Highway? Auto cross? Off road? How is it that your car is "perfect" on high speed corning? What makes it perfect? How low is your car dropped? What are your alignment specs? Got videos on how you are cornering with your car? We would want to know so maybe all of us can learn to be perfect as well.

And that Skunk 2 Rear Lower Tie Bar does not perfect your suspension...I have it and it is more of a bling...I don't know if you already have the ctr stock suspensions or similar ctr specs but I've got skunk2 lower control arms, civic type r rear sway bar, DC Front Strut Bar-changed to the Comptech front strut bar, still on Tein Basic Coilovers and among these parts, the best was the civic type r rear sway bar which I felt a big difference than all the others. But I wouldn't say my car is 'perfect'...

Either way, ZZYZX has given you his golden knowledge so now it is up to you...

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickJamesYu View Post
    I don't think he was trying to be offensive
    and/or the comment was even offensive.

You simply stated that your car was 'perfect' for high speed cornering
    He along with many of us want to know how you achieved this
    Thanks... that is what I wanted to know...
    Last edited by T_Virus; 02-11-2011 at 01:44 PM.

First of all I would like to tell you that for me the car is perfect on high speed cornering THIS IS MY OPINION and I would like to finish this NOW, Secondly my Car is Honda Civic Type R EP3 EDM and thank you for your help and your opinions.

Where are you racing this car? track or street

Okay, now that its all clear
    I say tires would be a good upgrade
    the CTR specs are great

Maybe new tires and wheels?
    Some of the quickest ep3's I've seen on a local track are running 17x9's
    I think with +22 or +38 offsets, I forgot which.
    All of which running some beefy tires
    235/45 or
    245/45
    Along with many running the CTR spec wheels and tires and getting great times.
    Do you daily this car?
    WTS: 17" beater wheels 4 lug, Dell Studio 1555 Laptop, Volvo Lip, Nikon mount lenses, BuddyClub wing, and more. PM me.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...110#post935110

Quote Originally Posted by makavelibranded View Post
    Where are you racing this car? track or street
    I have this car only for street use

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickJamesYu View Post
    Okay, now that its all clear
    I say tires would be a good upgrade
    the CTR specs are great

Maybe new tires and wheels?
    Some of the quickest ep3's I've seen on a local track are running 17x9's
    I think with +22 or +38 offsets, I forgot which.
    All of which running some beefy tires
    235/45 or
    245/45
    Along with many running the CTR spec wheels and tires and getting great times.
    Do you daily this car?
    I haven't this car for daily use but I have it only for street use, I believe that If I ll put 235/45 for example probably I ll lose on tight road some characteristics of the car and maybe I ll lose power. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Zzyzx View Post
    I would be wary of messing with anti-roll bars at this time. He says the car handles well, so we should assume its handling balance is what he wants it to be. Messing with the anti-roll bars will drastically change that handling balance and may cause the car to handle in an unwanted if not unexpected way.

Best to focus on maximizing grip for now. So, tires & a good non OEM alignment.
    Pay attention to what Zzyzx recomends. He will get you to where you want to go.

I agree...

Wider tires will only help you achieve better/more stable high speed cornering due to the increase in grip, which will increase the cars overall g-force threshold/limit. That means more stability at faster speeds while cornering.

Anyone chime in.. But to my knowledge the only time wider tires will decrease performance is in winter conditions, especially snow and slush.(loving my Altimax Arctic snows BTW! Being thoroughly tested during this record breaking New England winter)

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    I'm going to just chime in with what everybody else has already mentioned in regards to stock wheels. Even if you put an otherwise EXCELLENT set of rubbers on the stock wheels, they're going to be narrow. You may be able to drop wheel weight and go wider at the same time with a set of aftermarket wheels.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information