Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post
    Who said anything about eBay?

Look when you buy from the "bargain" brands, usually any item with moving parts is bad news but exhaust parts? Essentially they're all just metal pipes. The OBX V2 header is an exact replica of the comptech header
    +1 on exhaust being a metal tube. lol

yes

I did not know that it was a knock off comptech. I have been thinking about one for a while, I think you just sent me over the edge on it.

Quote Originally Posted by captaingamez View Post
    DITCH THE LOWER CONTROL ARMS.

their useless bling and my almost 300K MILE ONES BUSHINGS ARE STILL PERFECT.

PLUS the energy suspension bushing kit doesnt even come with those bushings.

the arms are the LAST thing you need in your suspension to improve it.

additionally I have to ask, if your a broke college kid, why are you spending $4k on mods? I would kpro, suspension and be done with it.
    I'm not a broke college kid. I'm about to be a senior in high school and I'll be getting the car sometime this year, I'm saving now and just getting ideas together. I've really wanted an ep3 for months. I'm just looking at it from that point of view, since most college kids are pretty poor, even though I have a lot of scholarship opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by honda2014 View Post
    since this will be a daily driven street car of a poor college kid.
    ^that

if your gonna be poor, you dont need a fully worked car.

^that

if your gonna be poor, you dont need a fully worked car.
    Do you think I should get a plain jane car and just be happy with it until I get 30 and have a good job?

Do you think I should get a plain jane car and just be happy with it until I get 30 and have a good job?
    I would say no.
    get any car you want man, its a free country. do anything you want to it, because its yours.

ep3 is a very cool car, but im finding it to be really expensive compared to other cars I have owned.
    the reward is worth the money in my opinion.
    set goals for yourself. working on a car is a great hobby. hahah expensive, but a great hobby.
    I wish I had a ep3 as my first car. you really are getting a nice chasis right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by mussh View Post
    I would say no.
    get any car you want man, its a free country. do anything you want to it, because its yours.

ep3 is a very cool car, but im finding it to be really expensive compared to other cars I have owned.
    the reward is worth the money in my opinion.
    set goals for yourself. working on a car is a great hobby. hahah expensive, but a great hobby.
    I wish I had a ep3 as my first car. you really are getting a nice chasis right off the bat.

Haha, thanks. I was being sarcastic. I know how to budget and plan money, and I know to put maintenance in front of any kind of modications, along with having a back up savings if something were to happen to my car. And this wouldn't be all my money. It would be my spending money that most college kids go out to dinner with/drink with/buy drugs with/ etc. I just found what captaingamez said pretty offensive. And I won't be poor, hopefully, but I act like I am now and I will always act like I am. That's how people stay away from poverty, they become frugal. Cars have always been amazing to me and I want to modify an ep3. And I figured they would be pretty expensive. Honda parts are usually high, especially less common ones/Acuras. Since this car isn't popular whatsoever, at least where I am, I expected high replacement parts. Thanks for all the feedback, even you, captaingamez.

He's irascible but very loveable.

I don't see the EP as any more expensive to modify. There are plenty of used parts around and there are no exotic unobtanium parts that cost a fortune.

there was a guy in west Virginia selling a ep3 that already had a k24 swap.
    the guy only wanted 6k for it.
    in my opinion it was one hell of a deal. looked like he cared about it also, it was in really good shape.
    found his listing: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...cord-engine-WV
    its probably already sold....but if you keep your eyes peeled you might get lucky.
    Last edited by mussh; 08-01-2013 at 06:43 PM.

I never even remotely Implied that, did you read my post? I questioned you IMMEDIATE modding. not your car choice. this shit is expensive.

Haha, thanks. I was being sarcastic. I know how to budget and plan money, and I know to put maintenance in front of any kind of modications, along with having a back up savings if something were to happen to my car. And this wouldn't be all my money. It would be my spending money that most college kids go out to dinner with/drink with/buy drugs with/ etc. I just found what captaingamez said pretty offensive. And I won't be poor, hopefully, but I act like I am now and I will always act like I am. That's how people stay away from poverty, they become frugal. Cars have always been amazing to me and I want to modify an ep3. And I figured they would be pretty expensive. Honda parts are usually high, especially less common ones/Acuras. Since this car isn't popular whatsoever, at least where I am, I expected high replacement parts. Thanks for all the feedback, even you, captaingamez.
    dont know why you found ANYTHING I said offensive in any way shape or form.

your pretty thin skinned

additionally I quoted YOU, YOU said you would be a POOR COLLEGE KID.

dont get butt hurt.

Frankly I dont care really, I just thought you might want some of our knowledge on modding the ep.

I just made a suggestion that yo not blow every dime on your car IMMEDIATELY. I would do it gradually.
    Last edited by captaingamez; 08-01-2013 at 10:26 AM.

$3k to mod is alot! but it will go quickly, especially if your buying $300 intakes and $500 catbacks....

i would:
    RSX A spec suspension ($6-700)
    nice beefy functional set of wheels and tires (225's) with 16 or 17s ($1000)

(02-03) wing ($250 painted) and side skirts ($300 painted)

(04-05) wing ($250 painted)

i would try and find used I/H/E.... even some ebay parts.
    you can probably buy a used intake or ebay one for $50
    i bought and ebay catback and loved it for $100
    kpro can be had for cheap now-a-days. avg $700

depending on deals you come across you can get a whole lot done. even if paced out, and waited you can build your car up decently. craigslist over ebay so you can see what your buying. and RSX parts fit, some may need to be modified. but you can mix and match.

Kpro'd bolton'd 6speed ep3s look like fun on youtube : ) and that will get you an lsd.

K24a1 and k24a4s are alot cheaper than a2s and can be run with the stock ecu and RSX-s injectors if you want to opt out of kpro. ive seen k24a4s going for $400.

Yea I would opt for the k24a1 since you can find it cheap and drop right in.

Search for used i/h/e. I think it's not worth it to drop 1000 on any i/h/e. if you do that's 1/3 your budget already.

Get a nice set of rims and tires. New rotors with hawk ceramic pads. Pretty nice /cheap up grade.

Here is for if you want to go faster:
    Tires/ rims/ breaks ~1000
    K24a1<1000
    Intake ~ 150
    OBXv2 ~ 100-200
    Megan midpipe 2.5" >250

Here is for if you want to be safer/ enjoyable/ looks:

Tires/ rims/ breaks ~ 1000
    RSX aspec ~600
    Rear swap ~ 250
    Intake ~ 150
    OBXv2 ~ 100-200
    Megan midpipe 2.25" >250
    Wing / lips ~ 500

OBXv2 headers are the best deal. It's stainless steal, fits perfect and clear the front sway with the k24.. I bought my used(not sure how many miles*dont care*) and been using it over 2 years no problem. Some members can also vouch for these headers but if you wanna drop 600 on a brand header just for the name, by all means, it's your money. I kno you had problems in the pass with eBay stuff but I wouldn't be telling you this if it wasn't true..

Same goes for the Megan midpipe to stock axle back.. A lot of members are using them and is good. Can beat being quiteness also

You asking us ephatch members for the best mods for $3,000. We are telling you but you're rejecting some of us.. Just saying, we always here to help so no need to throw a fit
    Last edited by MugenReplica; 05-06-2009 at 12:03 PM.

I never even remotely Implied that, did you read my post? I questioned you IMMEDIATE modding. not your car choice. this shit is expensive.

dont know why you found ANYTHING I said offensive in any way shape or form.

your pretty thin skinned

additionally I quoted YOU, YOU said you would be a POOR COLLEGE KID.

dont get butt hurt.

Frankly I dont care really, I just thought you might want some of our knowledge on modding the ep.

I just made a suggestion that yo not blow every dime on your car IMMEDIATELY. I would do it gradually.
    Sorry... The main point of the thread was to see what people would sped $3000 if they had it to do over again. I wanted to get broad opinions of the most basic modifications, since I had really not found anything summing up the whole car. I did't want people telling me to not blow every penny I had at one instant, because it wasn't about that at all, and I am not planning on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead228 View Post
    Yea I would opt for the k24a1 since you can find it cheap and drop right in.

Search for used i/h/e. I think it's not worth it to drop 1000 on any i/h/e. if you do that's 1/3 your budget already.

Get a nice set of rims and tires. New rotors with hawk ceramic pads. Pretty nice /cheap up grade.

Here is for if you want to go faster:
    Tires/ rims/ breaks ~1000
    K24a1<1000
    Intake ~ 150
    OBXv2 ~ 100-200
    Megan midpipe 2.5" >250

Here is for if you want to be safer/ enjoyable/ looks:

Tires/ rims/ breaks ~ 1000
    RSX aspec ~600
    Rear swap ~ 250
    Intake ~ 150
    OBXv2 ~ 100-200
    Megan midpipe 2.25" >250
    Wing / lips ~ 500

OBXv2 headers are the best deal. It's stainless steal, fits perfect and clear the front sway with the k24.. I bought my used(not sure how many miles*dont care*) and been using it over 2 years no problem. Some members can also vouch for these headers but if you wanna drop 600 on a brand header just for the name, by all means, it's your money. I kno you had problems in the pass with eBay stuff but I wouldn't be telling you this if it wasn't true..

Same goes for the Megan midpipe to stock axle back.. A lot of members are using them and is good. Can beat being quiteness also

You asking us ephatch members for the best mods for $3,000. We are telling you but you're rejecting some of us.. Just saying, we always here to help so no need to throw a fit
    Thanks. I think I'll go with suspension and just save some money for bigger engine upgrades, if wanted. But that would be at least a year of having the ep. I may be fine with it. My 1993 accord, that has 300k miles and only made 140 at the crank from the factory, may just make the ep seem like a racecar. Sorry to be an ass.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Emusa turbo kit
    kpro
    tune
    Have fun beating most street cars that mess with u

Sorry... The main point of the thread was to see what people would sped $3000 if they had it to do over again. I wanted to get broad opinions of the most basic modifications, since I had really not found anything summing up the whole car. I did't want people telling me to not blow every penny I had at one instant, because it wasn't about that at all, and I am not planning on it.
    dont worry man I will never give you any recommendations at all. I have no EP experience and my opinion is completely worthless.

but If you want to get along with people here........

lighten the fuck up.

and BY THE WAY. saving for the future of your car IS a way to spend some of that $3000.
    Last edited by captaingamez; 08-02-2013 at 01:10 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information