Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
    I second this, except ditch the lower control arms and get an intake and the Hondata reflash instead of an exhaust.
    I agree, the rear LCAs arent needed for a while.

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by captaingamez View Post
    they absolutely do have the clip, that I fully guarantee you, if yours didnt come with it call BC.

just look at the pics on the internet, seriously, unless they changed the design in the last 3-4 years, they have a clip.

and where are you getting this? I have only read the shit about popping out about the J's Racing ones
    Maybe you have the original design or something cuz none of the ones I've seen sold in the past 2 or 3 years have the retaining clip. Look them up, they do not come with the clip anymore

Quote Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post
    Maybe you have the original design or something cuz none of the ones I've seen sold in the past 2 or 3 years have the retaining clip. Look them up, they do not come with the clip anymore
    that is wierd, I mean if you look at the pictures on the interwebz, you can see some of them show clips, some dont. maybe they did change the design since I bought mine, It was over 3 years ago so idk.

if they did, I will be looking for an alternative because that is shitty. as I said though, I heard bad things about the J's racing ones. idk now......

Wouldn't a reflash be silly if I was planning to get Kpro eventually anyways?

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honda2014 View Post
    Wouldn't a reflash be silly if I was planning to get Kpro eventually anyways?
    It reduces the cost of the KPro, they offer you some kind of discount if you're already reflashed. Other than that, yes. I'm not sure that the discount is the full cost of the reflash.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

I second this, except ditch the lower control arms and get an intake and the Hondata reflash instead of an exhaust.
    just get the full on Kpro, the reflash isnt worth it IMHO.

I'd rather have that go into an exhaust that I can use after bigger plans for the engine. Probably a ws2. Do k20 intakes fit on a k24? If so, I would probably get an intake, velocity stack, etc. Also, since I am gonna be going off to college with at the least 3 months downtime to work on the car, I feel like Kpro would be silly. I would save that for when I do major engine upgrades. I only said ower control arms for the new poly bushings that they would have. Poly bushings are great, I love them compared to work out stock ones, so that's why I said that. I think I would still get them, plus a subframe brace, and strut bars. Unless someone would advise against it for a reason besides and intake and ecu reflash.

"Do k20 intakes fit on a k24"

all depends on what intake manifold you use.

this is how i would do it if i was you.
    1.kpro
    2.suspension

after you do those two mods, you are pretty much set to go on anything else you decide.
    if you get an engine swap, you will have kpro already to go and your suspension will be set to put that power to the ground.

I'd rather have that go into an exhaust that I can use after bigger plans for the engine. Probably a ws2. Do k20 intakes fit on a k24? If so, I would probably get an intake, velocity stack, etc. Also, since I am gonna be going off to college with at the least 3 months downtime to work on the car, I feel like Kpro would be silly. I would save that for when I do major engine upgrades. I only said ower control arms for the new poly bushings that they would have. Poly bushings are great, I love them compared to work out stock ones, so that's why I said that. I think I would still get them, plus a subframe brace, and strut bars. Unless someone would advise against it for a reason besides and intake and ecu reflash.
    why would Kpro be silly? personally I think the reflash is silly. especially if you are planning to go bigger in the future. just my opinion. you will get more out of Kpro, and you will be able to tune in your specific intake and exhaust better, If I bought the reflash I wouldnt be satisfied. BUT, it doesnt really cost any more to upgrade to Kpro if you do get the reflash

control arms are great, once you have done EVERYTHING else in your suspension. otherwise they are bling and that is all. the rear lower control arm bushings arent even really a huge weak point, mine have 260k and are still perfectly fine. all the other bushings in the car suck balls and need replaced before you even come near to gaining a performance advantage from poly bushings or rear lower control arms.

$3000

Hondata Kpro -$800 or less brand new and installed. or 4-600 for a used one.
    Exhaust of your choice $800 or less Brand new, or used one for less than $500

leave your stock intake and exhaust manifolds
    test pipe -$100 or less.
    decent CAI, $200 ish.

that leaves you with 1100 to spend on the suspension if you buy everything new. that should be more than enough to get something good and driveable on the street.

why would Kpro be silly? personally I think the reflash is silly. especially if you are planning to go bigger in the future. just my opinion. you will get more out of Kpro, and you will be able to tune in your specific intake and exhaust better, If I bought the reflash I wouldnt be satisfied. BUT, it doesnt really cost any more to upgrade to Kpro if you do get the reflash

control arms are great, once you have done EVERYTHING else in your suspension. otherwise they are bling and that is all. the rear lower control arm bushings arent even really a huge weak point, mine have 260k and are still perfectly fine. all the other bushings in the car suck balls and need replaced before you even come near to gaining a performance advantage from poly bushings or rear lower control arms.

$3000

Hondata Kpro -$800 or less brand new and installed. or 4-600 for a used one.
    Exhaust of your choice $800 or less Brand new, or used one for less than $500

leave your stock intake and exhaust manifolds
    test pipe -$100 or less.
    decent CAI, $200 ish.

that leaves you with 1100 to spend on the suspension if you buy everything new. that should be more than enough to get something good and driveable on the street.
    Well, after much more reading and learning, Kpro seems like the best upgrade along with anything more than an intake. And, I will need it in the future, if I keep the car. I'll try and look for a car with Kpro already installed, it would be great to be able to have minor things like Kpro and a good intake already on their. A WS2 exhaust seems in order, as well, since this will be a daily driven street car of a poor college kid. And I think that's all the engine mods I could afford on my budget. A spec suspension, wheels and tires, and a new timing belt/water pump/etc just for peace of mind and preventative maintenance. That will be a just shy of $4000 right there, with a tune.

As for the bushings, I was talking about replacing all of them, or at least, get a full kit and replace all the shot ones. Buying lower control arms is almost worth the hassle of pressing in new bushings, to me, at least. lol.

Don't waste your money on a WS2. Don't get me wrong, it sounds amazing but it is WAAAAAAY overpriced for a catback that is not made of stainless steel. Best bargain for exhaust: OBX race header, megan or 05-06 RSX-S midpipe and stock axleback.

just get the full on Kpro, the reflash isnt worth it IMHO.
    Also as mentioned, if you upgrade to Kpro in the future, Hondata discounts it by the full cost you paid for the reflash...
    Last edited by syncmaster; 07-30-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post
    Don't waste your money on a WS2. Don't get me wrong, it sounds amazing but it is WAAAAAAY overpriced for a catback that is not made of stainless steel. Best bargain for exhaust: OBX race header, megan or 05-06 RSX-S midpipe and stock axleback.
    I would rather wait for a high performance header rather than eBay product. If anything, I would just wait. I can see myself supercharging within a year of having the car, so i would probably want to slowly get the parts I want for that, and then have everything ready on the power levels that I *may* want. Either way, I'm not a fan of buying eBay parts. I bought an eBay camber kit for my car and it broke on me in a test drive. Since then, I try and stay away from off brand Ebay crap, although OBX and Megan are both popular and I hear good things(and bad) about them.

Well, after much more reading and learning, Kpro seems like the best upgrade along with anything more than an intake. And, I will need it in the future, if I keep the car. I'll try and look for a car with Kpro already installed, it would be great to be able to have minor things like Kpro and a good intake already on their. A WS2 exhaust seems in order, as well, since this will be a daily driven street car of a poor college kid. And I think that's all the engine mods I could afford on my budget. A spec suspension, wheels and tires, and a new timing belt/water pump/etc just for peace of mind and preventative maintenance. That will be a just shy of $4000 right there, with a tune.

As for the bushings, I was talking about replacing all of them, or at least, get a full kit and replace all the shot ones. Buying lower control arms is almost worth the hassle of pressing in new bushings, to me, at least. lol.
    DITCH THE LOWER CONTROL ARMS.

their useless bling and my almost 300K MILE ONES BUSHINGS ARE STILL PERFECT.

PLUS the energy suspension bushing kit doesnt even come with those bushings.

the arms are the LAST thing you need in your suspension to improve it.

additionally I have to ask, if your a broke college kid, why are you spending $4k on mods? I would kpro, suspension and be done with it.

I would rather wait for a high performance header rather than eBay product. If anything, I would just wait. I can see myself supercharging within a year of having the car, so i would probably want to slowly get the parts I want for that, and then have everything ready on the power levels that I *may* want. Either way, I'm not a fan of buying eBay parts. I bought an eBay camber kit for my car and it broke on me in a test drive. Since then, I try and stay away from off brand Ebay crap, although OBX and Megan are both popular and I hear good things(and bad) about them.
    Who said anything about eBay?

Look when you buy from the "bargain" brands, usually any item with moving parts is bad news but exhaust parts? Essentially they're all just metal pipes. The OBX V2 header is an exact replica of the comptech header

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information